PLUMBING CODE UPDATE:
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2017 The City of Frederick will adopt the following codes:
- 2015 National Standard Plumbing Code Illustrated
- 2015 National Fuel and Gas Code NFPA 54
- 2015 Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code NFPA 58
The City of Frederick will apply these codes to ALL Permit Applications received AFTER JUNE 30, 2017.
For current updates to the National Standard Plumbing Code Illustrated, go to
Inspections are code based. The City does not perform a plan review for plumbing or gas.
HIGHLIGHTS OF NEW CHANGES - EFFECTIVE 7/1/16
- New Fee Schedule
- New Applications will need to be submitted for:
Electrical – Residential & Commercial
Plumbing / Gas - Residential & Commercial
New Dwelling Units (SFD, TH, Duplex, Apts./Condos.)
- New Back Yard Chickens License Application
- Increase of Frederick County School/Library Impact Fees for New Residential Dwelling Units (Single Family, Townhouses/Duplex, Condos/Apts
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2016, The 2015 Edition of of the I.B.C. (International Building Code), The 2015 Edition of the I.R.C. (International Residential Code), The 2015 Edition of the IECC (International Energy Conservation Code) and the Maryland Building Performance Standards will be applicable to permits applied for after December 31, 2015. These codes will replace the previously enforced 2012 Editions.
RESIDENTIAL BUILDERS NOTE: If your company currently has a production number for your house designs, be advised that you must apply for a new production number using plans that have been updated to the 2015 codes.
FIRE CODE UPDATE:
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2016, The City of Frederick will enforce the following codes:
- 2015 NFPA 1 (FIRE CODE)
- 2015 NFPA101 (LIFE SAFETY CODE)