The Medbank Program helps low- to moderate-income, uninsured, or underinsured people obtain the prescription medications they need, but can’t afford. The program helps people to obtain free or low-cost prescription medications offered through patient assistance programs operated by pharmaceutical manufacturing companies. The prescription must be for a medical or psychiatric condition that requires at least several months worth of medication. The Frederick County Medbank Program is operated by the Frederick Community Action Agency.
Applications may be downloaded, filled in, and faxed to (301) 600-6098 or may be filled in online.
- Download the application for new Medbank patients - Use this application if you are applying for assistance from the Medbank program
- Medbank referral - Use this form to refer patients to the Medbank program (doctors, hospitals, human service agencies)
Information Needed to Complete Medbank Applications
- Proof of income for all members of the household
- List of medications including dosage, frequency and name of prescribing physician or provider
- Medbank Patient Questionnaire and release of information forms
- Please note that medication is not delivered to or stored at the Medbank office
Frederick County residents who:
- Meet the financial guidelines set by the pharmaceutical companies
- Have no other prescription drug coverage / insurance
- Are not already enrolled in or eligible for other programs such as Medical Assistance, Primary Adult Care Program, or Medicare Part D
- Need medications to treat longer-term conditions (three months or longer)
How the Medbank Program Works
- The Medbank Case Manager identifies available Patient Assistance Programs, completes applications and obtains written prescriptions and other information from physicians
- Most drug companies will then ship a 90-day supply of medications to the physician’s office
- The patient notifies the Medbank Case Manager when medications are received and the Case Manager repeats the process if medication refills are needed
For more information about the Medbank Program and the Medbank Pharmacy, please contact Chris Bard, Medbank Case Manager, by calling (301) 600-3972 or by email email@example.com.